Position Title: Digital Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Part time (10-12 hours/week)
The Digital Marketing and Communications Coordinator supports SITE’s Director of External Affairs in the full range of the contemporary art museum’s communications initiatives, including developing editorial content for social media, website, and email marketing; creating and implementing integrated marketing campaigns for SITE Santa Fe and its exhibitions, programs, special events and museum store + cafe; and supporting marketing, media relations, advertising, and other promotional initiatives on behalf of the institution. The Digital Marketing and Communications Coordinator works closely with the Director of External Affairs and collaborates with senior staff to ensure cohesive messaging on all SITE Santa Fe initiatives, across all communications platforms.
A. Digital Marketing & Website
- Coordinate full suite of digital content, including website and email marketing, and use such channels strategically to engage audiences and drive museum attendance and program/event participation.
- Develop and implement appropriate and compelling editorial copy for use across SITE Santa Fe’s digital platforms.
- Serve as primary contact for all issues and updates related to SITE’s website; coordinate SITE Santa Fe’s content across sitesantafe.org
- Coordinate and support the development of email marketing program with timely and regular distribution of SITE Santa Fe e-blasts. Create, proof, schedule, and distribute SITE’s exhibitions, programs and events to SITE’s extensive digital email lists. Routinely organize and update lists.
- Advertise and Post Public Program events to generate interest and awareness through online media calendars.
B. Social Media
- With Director of External Affairs, execute SITE Santa Fe’s comprehensive Social Media strategies to support the museum’s exhibitions, programs, and events, actively managing and updating SITE’s primary Social Media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Contribute new ideas towards further improving SITE Santa Fe’s Social Media Strategies with the primary goal of increasing museum attendance to exhibitions and events.
- Gather weekly and monthly statistics from each Social Media platform to track trends, engagement, and improvement on what content creates a buzz amongst SITE Santa Fe’s international following.
- Navigate Facebook Business Manager to manage and boost ads and gather receipts/results for grants that fund Social Media promotion.
C. Press & Media
- In conjunction with Director of External Affairs, maintain press lists and build contacts in national, international, print, broadcast, and online outlets as needed.
- Monitor press and media coverage, compile and report on coverage, and create presentations for the board, fundraising, and other internal and external needs.
- Prepare and produce press and public materials, including but not limited to press packets, images, and other media in both digital and print forms.
- Oversee External Affairs interns as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, with concentration in communications, writing, art history, marketing, humanities, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of one – three years’ experience successfully coordinating marketing strategies and campaigns in a fast-paced environment, preferably in an arts, culture, and/or non-profit environment or equivalent.
- Excellent writing/editing skills required. Experience, expertise and strong knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and practices, ideally combined with a proven ability to develop social media campaigns, and hands on experience using various social media platforms as part of an overall communications strategy are desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail, and Google Docs required. Experience with social media tools, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and WordPress, and Altru, Mail Chimp, Survey Monkey desired.
- Familiarity with graphic design, including in Indesign, Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively, multi-task, and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment with frequently changing deadlines.
- Experience with photography and Photoshop for use in website and social media is a plus.
SITE Santa Fe is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation. We look to hire talented people of all backgrounds, identities, and abilities.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and indicate Digital Marketing & Communications Coordinator in the subject line. No calls please. For more information about SITE Santa Fe, please visit sitesantafe.org. Thank you for your interest in SITE Santa Fe. This posting is open through November 21, 2019.
November 7, 2019